Basic salary rises to VND830,000 from May
The minimum salary for State employees in Vietnam will increase to 830,000 VND (39.84 US$) from the present 730,000 VND (35 US$) as of May 1, according to a decree signed by Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung on April 4.
The new salary will be applied to State agencies, the armed forces, political organizations, socio-political organizations, and non-productive units, says the decree.
The salary rise will also benefit those working at one-member State-owned limited liability companies established under the Enterprise Law.
Allowances and other benefits will also be increased proportionally. – VNA
- PM says country needs new statistical method to calculate GDP figures
- New minimum wage raises insurance and production costs, businesses complain
- Restructuring Vietnam’s economy for growth
- GDP grows significantly: HSBC
- Facts and figures about rich Vietnamese
- CPI for August to inch up 0.2%
- Economists question validity of statistics on public debt
- Consumer confidence up in July
Tags: Vietnam Basic salary