Expanding rubber plantation overseas
The Vietnam Rubber Group will accelerate planting rubber trees in Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar and South Africa in the near future.
Currently, the group is managing 160,000ha of rubber with an output of nearly 300,000 tonnes per year. The group aims to exploit around 520,000ha of rubber trees in 2020.
By 2020, Vietnam aims to export around 1 million tonnes of rubber, and become of one of the worldÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s leading rubber exporters.
Last year, the group earned nearly US$1 billion from exports and US$200 million from profits.
- Vietnam exporter seek contracts to sell rice to the Philippines
- Shrimp producers face more scrutiny for chemical usage
- Vietfish 2014 opens in HCM City
- Vietnamese rice exporters face risks in US market
- Vietnam ascending to world’s largest coffee exporter
- Rice rally seen cooling by Vietnam as Thailand to India sell
- Dong Nai cashew nut exports up in volume, value
- Philippines is Vietnam’s second largest rice importer
Tags: Vietnam Rubber, Vietnam rubber 2010, VietnamÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s rubber exports