Expanding rubber plantation overseas
The Vietnam Rubber Group will accelerate planting rubber trees in Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar and South Africa in the near future.
Currently, the group is managing 160,000ha of rubber with an output of nearly 300,000 tonnes per year. The group aims to exploit around 520,000ha of rubber trees in 2020.
By 2020, Vietnam aims to export around 1 million tonnes of rubber, and become of one of the worldÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s leading rubber exporters.
Last year, the group earned nearly US$1 billion from exports and US$200 million from profits.
- Drought hits pepper yields
- Steering committee to oversee farm exports
- Salt producers count their losses
- Vietnam coffee favoured in Singapore
- Agricultural exports down 13.2% in Q1
- Vietnam exports nearly 537,000 tonnes of rice
- Ministry seeks to remove anonymity of Vietnamese rice
- Vingroup launches into organic farming
Tags: Vietnam Rubber, Vietnam rubber 2010, VietnamÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s rubber exports