Expanding rubber plantation overseas
The Vietnam Rubber Group will accelerate planting rubber trees in Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar and South Africa in the near future.
Currently, the group is managing 160,000ha of rubber with an output of nearly 300,000 tonnes per year. The group aims to exploit around 520,000ha of rubber trees in 2020.
By 2020, Vietnam aims to export around 1 million tonnes of rubber, and become of one of the worldÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s leading rubber exporters.
Last year, the group earned nearly US$1 billion from exports and US$200 million from profits.
- Mekong Delta rice yields highest in a decade
- Agricultural support agreement reached with UN
- Bird flu takes toll on livestock industry
- Farmers to learn benefits of genetically modified crops
- Abolishing China’s Buon Me Thuot coffee trademark
- Cashew nut exports to hit US$1.8 billion this year
- Sugar stock sharply increases, sugar refiners face difficulties
- FDI up, Vietnam’s agriculture meets with good fortune
Tags: Vietnam Rubber, Vietnam rubber 2010, VietnamÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s rubber exports