Expanding rubber plantation overseas
The Vietnam Rubber Group will accelerate planting rubber trees in Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar and South Africa in the near future.
Currently, the group is managing 160,000ha of rubber with an output of nearly 300,000 tonnes per year. The group aims to exploit around 520,000ha of rubber trees in 2020.
By 2020, Vietnam aims to export around 1 million tonnes of rubber, and become of one of the worldÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s leading rubber exporters.
Last year, the group earned nearly US$1 billion from exports and US$200 million from profits.
- Mekong Delta bemoans rice storage quotas
- Science-technology fuels Vietnamese coffee’s growth
- Sugar sector urged to make radical reforms for int’l integration
- Vietnam named 5th most recognised coffee producer in US
- Farmers bet on huge macadamia returns
- Vietnam’s cashew sector sets records in 2014
- OVs-run businesses keen to diversify farm produce market
- Vietnam’s reliance on imports in agriculture leaves less profit for farmers
Tags: Vietnam Rubber, Vietnam rubber 2010, VietnamÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s rubber exports