Expanding rubber plantation overseas
The Vietnam Rubber Group will accelerate planting rubber trees in Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar and South Africa in the near future.
Currently, the group is managing 160,000ha of rubber with an output of nearly 300,000 tonnes per year. The group aims to exploit around 520,000ha of rubber trees in 2020.
By 2020, Vietnam aims to export around 1 million tonnes of rubber, and become of one of the worldÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s leading rubber exporters.
Last year, the group earned nearly US$1 billion from exports and US$200 million from profits.
- “Miracle Village” of Japan in Da Lat
- Exporters bargain rice away, farmers suffer
- Vietnam seeks best possible scenario for rice exports
- Sugar stocks hit record high of 710,000 tons
- Vietnam wins rice export contract to Philippines
- PM vows best support for fisheries sector
- Vinh Long plans to expand Nam Roi grapefruit area
- Long An receives US patents
Tags: Vietnam Rubber, Vietnam rubber 2010, VietnamÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s rubber exports