Expanding rubber plantation overseas
The Vietnam Rubber Group will accelerate planting rubber trees in Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar and South Africa in the near future.
Currently, the group is managing 160,000ha of rubber with an output of nearly 300,000 tonnes per year. The group aims to exploit around 520,000ha of rubber trees in 2020.
By 2020, Vietnam aims to export around 1 million tonnes of rubber, and become of one of the worldÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s leading rubber exporters.
Last year, the group earned nearly US$1 billion from exports and US$200 million from profits.
- Philippines is Vietnam’s second largest rice importer
- Vietfish 2014 to attract global companies
- Vietnam to miss benefits of global rice market recovery
- Mekong Delta targets US$2.6 bln in shrimp exports
- Japan builds 180 composite fishing boats for Vietnam
- Chinese farm produce floods Vietnam market
- Cashew nut exports, up in volume, value
- Poland offers fruitful lessons in agriculture
Tags: Vietnam Rubber, Vietnam rubber 2010, VietnamÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s rubber exports