Expanding rubber plantation overseas
The Vietnam Rubber Group will accelerate planting rubber trees in Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar and South Africa in the near future.
Currently, the group is managing 160,000ha of rubber with an output of nearly 300,000 tonnes per year. The group aims to exploit around 520,000ha of rubber trees in 2020.
By 2020, Vietnam aims to export around 1 million tonnes of rubber, and become of one of the worldÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s leading rubber exporters.
Last year, the group earned nearly US$1 billion from exports and US$200 million from profits.
- Who influences the rice market?
- New body to facilitate revival, growth of tea industry
- Word Bank says will fund IT application in agriculture
- Farmers unhappy with MARD’s rice-production restructuring strategy
- New Zealand to support Can Tho in agriculture innovation
- Agro Viet 2014 to promote farm produce bands
- Agriculture needs investment
- Vietnam adds one more rice seller to highly concentrated markets
Tags: Vietnam Rubber, Vietnam rubber 2010, VietnamÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s rubber exports