Hanoi, HCM City among most expensive cities in Asia
Hanoi was placed 13th and Ho Chi Minh City 12th among the most expensive cities in Asia in 2011 in terms of three-room apartment rent, according to an accommodation report from ECA International.
In the world, Hanoi ranked 53rd and HCM City 52nd, the report said.
Tokyo was the most expensive city in Asia, followed by Hong Kong and Singapore.
Three-room apartment rents in Hong Kong doubled those in Singapore. Tenants in Hong Kong had to pay around US$11,831 per month for a similar apartment.
House rents continued rising sharply in China with Shanghai placed 18th and Beijing at 26th in the world’s rankings.
India was also faced with sharply rising rents last year, by 8-10 percent compared to the previous year as recorded in Mumbai and New Delhi.
In the world, three-room apartment rents increased from US$2,750 to US$3,080 per month on average.
- Gamuda hesitates on $150m land compensation price tag
- Resort development time-consuming in Vietnam
- Vingroup to open new center in Halong
- Hotels and high-rises along investors’ ‘dream road’ never got off the ground
- Apartment Prices in HCMC Continue Easing: CBRE
- Property Stocks Hit $3.9Bln: MoC
- Vingroup starts work on billion-USD urban complex
- Apartment prices see slight decline across Ha Noi
Tags: Vietnam Property market, Vietnam real estate, vietnam real estate market