Hong Kong-invested GreenFeed puts Dong Nai factory online
Animal feed manufacturer GreenFeed Vietnam on Thursday opened a factory in the southern province of Dong Nai as the 4th facility of the Hong Kong-invested company in the country.
The new facility covers three hectares in Song May Industrial Park in Trang Bom District. The designed capacity for the beginning is 120,000 tons of products per year.
The factory is just 15 kilometers north of Bien Hoa, the industrial city nearest to Ho Chi Minh City – the country’s biggest southern economic hub.
The company currently operates three other factories in Long An Province in the south, Binh Dinh Province on the central coast and the northern province of Hung Yen. It also has a factory in the Cambodian province of Kompong Cham.
A total investment of $80 million is set aside for the five factories, the company says, adding that it has set up its distribution networks across Vietnam and in part of Cambodia.
In addition to animal feed production, GreenFeed Vietnam provides Vietnamese farmers with free advice on livestock techniques and skills, as well as interest-free loans.
The assistance program has supplied VND2.1 billion (some $100,000) in loans for farmers in the provinces of Long An, Binh Dinh and Hung Yen. – SGGP
- Vietnam coffee favoured in Singapore
- Agricultural exports down 13.2% in Q1
- Vietnam exports nearly 537,000 tonnes of rice
- Ministry seeks to remove anonymity of Vietnamese rice
- Vingroup launches into organic farming
- Lam Dong strives to be main supplier of farm produce for Japan
- Rice prices drop in delta before delivery to Philippines
- Vietnam eyes agricultural support from Japan
Tags: animal feed, GreenFeed Vietnam