Hong Kong-invested GreenFeed puts Dong Nai factory online
Animal feed manufacturer GreenFeed Vietnam on Thursday opened a factory in the southern province of Dong Nai as the 4th facility of the Hong Kong-invested company in the country.
The new facility covers three hectares in Song May Industrial Park in Trang Bom District. The designed capacity for the beginning is 120,000 tons of products per year.
The factory is just 15 kilometers north of Bien Hoa, the industrial city nearest to Ho Chi Minh City – the country’s biggest southern economic hub.
The company currently operates three other factories in Long An Province in the south, Binh Dinh Province on the central coast and the northern province of Hung Yen. It also has a factory in the Cambodian province of Kompong Cham.
A total investment of $80 million is set aside for the five factories, the company says, adding that it has set up its distribution networks across Vietnam and in part of Cambodia.
In addition to animal feed production, GreenFeed Vietnam provides Vietnamese farmers with free advice on livestock techniques and skills, as well as interest-free loans.
The assistance program has supplied VND2.1 billion (some $100,000) in loans for farmers in the provinces of Long An, Binh Dinh and Hung Yen. – SGGP
- New body to facilitate revival, growth of tea industry
- Word Bank says will fund IT application in agriculture
- Farmers unhappy with MARD’s rice-production restructuring strategy
- New Zealand to support Can Tho in agriculture innovation
- Agro Viet 2014 to promote farm produce bands
- Agriculture needs investment
- Vietnam adds one more rice seller to highly concentrated markets
- Dak Lak coffee available in 80 markets overseas
Tags: animal feed, GreenFeed Vietnam