Toyo Group suggests investment on Song Hau 2 thermo power plant project
The Japan-based Toyo Group has lately submitted document seeking for approval in Song Hau 2 thermo power plant project with designed capacity of 2,000MW in Song Hau Thermo Power Centre, Tien Giang province.
Previously, Toyo Group also showed interest in making investment on Duyen Hai 3 thermo power plant with designed capacity of 1,200MW to be sited in Duyen Hai Power Centre, Tra Vinh province.
Song Hau Power Centre has expected designed capacity of 5,200MW. The infrastructure facilities of Song Hau Power Centre with total area of 260 hectares including the centre background, portal system, power and water supplying systems for construction purposes and management house were started building by the National Oil and Gas Group (PetroVietnam) in July 2010. At present, PVN is also the main investor for Song Hau 1 thermo power plant project with designed capacity of 1,200MW that is expected to officially started construction in early 2011. – Dautu
- EVN says Vietnam still needs to buy electricity from China
- $2.26 billion thermal power plant projected in Central Vietnam
- Policy needed on wind investment
- Hydropower plants deep in debt
- Vietnam, the Netherlands strengthen energy cooperation
- Vietnam not tied to electricity purchases from China
- Thai energy firm PTT reschedules $27b project report
- Vietnam, Russia promote energy ties
Tags: Song Hau 2 thermo power plant, Toyo Group