Unitel launches 3G services in Laos
The Star Telecom company (Unitel) has launched 3G mobile services in 17 cities and provinces of Laos, General Director of the company Nguyen Duy Tho announced on October 15.
Unitelâ€™s 3G network currently takes the lead in Laos with 500 base transceiver stations, 13,000 km of optic cables and a stable speed of 7.2Mbps, Tho said.
It provides diverse packages at economical prices, giving over one million households in Laos a chance to access the Internet with ADSL.
Unitel also offers high-speed broadband Internet access services, MobiNet for mobile phones, and Uni 3G for desktop computers and laptops as well as video calling and online music.
Unitel is a joint venture between Laosâ€™ Lao-Asia Telecom company and Vietnamâ€™s military telecom group Viettel.-Vietnam Plus
- FPT clinches deal with Japan advertising giant
- Vietnam start-ups eye Indonesia, Philippines
- Online trading grows in Vietnam, though most prefer to pay in cash
- IT companies in search of more experts in 2015
- Nokia phones still popular with consumers in Vietnam following Microsoft buyout: retailers
- Gov't tightens e-commerce rules
- Millions of people expected to join VN’s first Black Friday
- Investors flock to Vietnam as e-commerce market expands
Tags: 3G services in Laos, Unitel