Unitel launches 3G services in Laos
The Star Telecom company (Unitel) has launched 3G mobile services in 17 cities and provinces of Laos, General Director of the company Nguyen Duy Tho announced on October 15.
Unitelâ€™s 3G network currently takes the lead in Laos with 500 base transceiver stations, 13,000 km of optic cables and a stable speed of 7.2Mbps, Tho said.
It provides diverse packages at economical prices, giving over one million households in Laos a chance to access the Internet with ADSL.
Unitel also offers high-speed broadband Internet access services, MobiNet for mobile phones, and Uni 3G for desktop computers and laptops as well as video calling and online music.
Unitel is a joint venture between Laosâ€™ Lao-Asia Telecom company and Vietnamâ€™s military telecom group Viettel.-Vietnam Plus
- Circular outlines IT spending criteria
- SBV says system still secure after bug rumour
- Stable growth for Vietnam's outsourcing software industry
- Information technology firms raise investment in Hanoi
- UAE tops phone importers' list
- Vietnam e-commerce market still has opportunities for new comers
- Ministry urges internet upgrade
- “Outsourcing” software does not mean “producing” software
Tags: 3G services in Laos, Unitel