Unitel launches 3G services in Laos
The Star Telecom company (Unitel) has launched 3G mobile services in 17 cities and provinces of Laos, General Director of the company Nguyen Duy Tho announced on October 15.
Unitelâ€™s 3G network currently takes the lead in Laos with 500 base transceiver stations, 13,000 km of optic cables and a stable speed of 7.2Mbps, Tho said.
It provides diverse packages at economical prices, giving over one million households in Laos a chance to access the Internet with ADSL.
Unitel also offers high-speed broadband Internet access services, MobiNet for mobile phones, and Uni 3G for desktop computers and laptops as well as video calling and online music.
Unitel is a joint venture between Laosâ€™ Lao-Asia Telecom company and Vietnamâ€™s military telecom group Viettel.-Vietnam Plus
- No 4G for domestic market until next year
- Domestic firms lend a hand to Chinese to distribute games illegally?
- Hardware firms complain they meet barriers in home market
- Mobile apps galloping in the Year of the Horse
- BKAV: 40% of Vietnamese websites have security holes
- Technology market new but promising: experts
- Finland helps Vietnam ignite technological development
- MIC and Microsoft enter MoU to strengthen Vietnam’s IT development
Tags: 3G services in Laos, Unitel