Unitel launches 3G services in Laos
The Star Telecom company (Unitel) has launched 3G mobile services in 17 cities and provinces of Laos, General Director of the company Nguyen Duy Tho announced on October 15.
Unitelâ€™s 3G network currently takes the lead in Laos with 500 base transceiver stations, 13,000 km of optic cables and a stable speed of 7.2Mbps, Tho said.
It provides diverse packages at economical prices, giving over one million households in Laos a chance to access the Internet with ADSL.
Unitel also offers high-speed broadband Internet access services, MobiNet for mobile phones, and Uni 3G for desktop computers and laptops as well as video calling and online music.
Unitel is a joint venture between Laosâ€™ Lao-Asia Telecom company and Vietnamâ€™s military telecom group Viettel.-Vietnam Plus
- Successful Online Trading Takes A Confident & Well Informed Investor
- E-tailing in pre-booming phase
- 4 Ways to Save Money on an Internet Domain Name
- Which Digital Advertising Services Should I Invest In?
- Top 5 Android Apps of 2015
- Saigon Silicon City approved at SHTP
- Vietnam tops global outsourcing market for first time: study
- LG inaugurates largest industrial complex in ASEAN
Tags: 3G services in Laos, Unitel