Unitel launches 3G services in Laos
The Star Telecom company (Unitel) has launched 3G mobile services in 17 cities and provinces of Laos, General Director of the company Nguyen Duy Tho announced on October 15.
Unitelâ€™s 3G network currently takes the lead in Laos with 500 base transceiver stations, 13,000 km of optic cables and a stable speed of 7.2Mbps, Tho said.
It provides diverse packages at economical prices, giving over one million households in Laos a chance to access the Internet with ADSL.
Unitel also offers high-speed broadband Internet access services, MobiNet for mobile phones, and Uni 3G for desktop computers and laptops as well as video calling and online music.
Unitel is a joint venture between Laosâ€™ Lao-Asia Telecom company and Vietnamâ€™s military telecom group Viettel.-Vietnam Plus
- Russian hi-tech firms keen on Vietnamese market
- Despite economic downturn, IT firms still in demand
- Vietnamese companies want to make parts and accessories for Samsung
- FPT wins US$6.6 mln contract in Bangladesh
- Smartphone giants relocate factories to Vietnam
- Gov’t makes an exception for Microsoft, welcomes large technology groups
- Cellphone remains biggest export earner
- Venture investment funds seek
Tags: 3G services in Laos, Unitel