Vietnam has fast expansion rate in bond market in 2011: ADB reports
The latest edition of the Asian Development Bank’s (ADB) Asia Bond Monitor released on April 26 assesses that Vietnam has fast expansion rate in bond market in 2011.
In 2011, Vietnam’s bond market expanded by 16.5 per cent — the fastest rate in the region.
At US$17 billion, the market was still one of the smallest in the region, with the government bond market far larger than the corporate market at US$15 billion versus US$2 billion.
Gross issuance of government debt last year rose by 9.7 per cent while corporate sales tumbled by 94.2 per cent
The report said emerging East Asia’s local currency bond markets expanded 7.0 per cent to US$5.7 trillion in 2011, driven by double-digit growth in the region’s corporate bond markets.
- VN's first ETF to list certificates next week
- Blue chip slump drags down share prices
- Sep 24: VN-Index Slides Seventh Day on Blue-chips
- Sep 22: VN-Index sinks in closing session on blue-chips
- Sep 17: VN-Index dips third day on blue-chips
- Shares of Seafood Companies Soar
- Vinalines to use proceeds from subsidiaries’ IPOs to restructure debt
- Optimism drives stock market gains
Tags: Vietnam Bond Market, vietnam stock, Vietnam stock market, VNindex