Vietnam has fast expansion rate in bond market in 2011: ADB reports
The latest edition of the Asian Development Bank’s (ADB) Asia Bond Monitor released on April 26 assesses that Vietnam has fast expansion rate in bond market in 2011.
In 2011, Vietnam’s bond market expanded by 16.5 per cent — the fastest rate in the region.
At US$17 billion, the market was still one of the smallest in the region, with the government bond market far larger than the corporate market at US$15 billion versus US$2 billion.
Gross issuance of government debt last year rose by 9.7 per cent while corporate sales tumbled by 94.2 per cent
The report said emerging East Asia’s local currency bond markets expanded 7.0 per cent to US$5.7 trillion in 2011, driven by double-digit growth in the region’s corporate bond markets.
- Jan 28: VN-Index Rallies to Two-month High, Led by Banks
- Jan 26: VN-Index Retreats on Waning Confidence
- Jan 26: HNX-Index Extends Six-week High, Led by Blue-chips
- Cheap Vietnam stocks are set to rise to 7-year high
- Will new regulations stall the stock market?
- Vietinbank to list SBV shares on HCM City stock exchange
- How many MobiFone shares can investors own?
- 27 securities companies shut up shop in 2014
Tags: Vietnam Bond Market, vietnam stock, Vietnam stock market, VNindex