Vietnam has fast expansion rate in bond market in 2011: ADB reports
The latest edition of the Asian Development Bank’s (ADB) Asia Bond Monitor released on April 26 assesses that Vietnam has fast expansion rate in bond market in 2011.
In 2011, Vietnam’s bond market expanded by 16.5 per cent — the fastest rate in the region.
At US$17 billion, the market was still one of the smallest in the region, with the government bond market far larger than the corporate market at US$15 billion versus US$2 billion.
Gross issuance of government debt last year rose by 9.7 per cent while corporate sales tumbled by 94.2 per cent
The report said emerging East Asia’s local currency bond markets expanded 7.0 per cent to US$5.7 trillion in 2011, driven by double-digit growth in the region’s corporate bond markets.
- SBV sets new rules to prevent big companies from dominating stock market
- Nov 20: UPCoM-Index Snaps Six-day Loss of 28%
- Nov 19: VN-Index Extends 3-Week Low on Blue-chips
- Nov 11: VN-Index Rebounds, Led by GAS
- Securities companies dying slow death
- Stock market extends modest rally
- Stocks nosedive on bank scandal
- BSC upbeat about market outlook
Tags: Vietnam Bond Market, vietnam stock, Vietnam stock market, VNindex