Vietnam has fast expansion rate in bond market in 2011: ADB reports
The latest edition of the Asian Development Bank’s (ADB) Asia Bond Monitor released on April 26 assesses that Vietnam has fast expansion rate in bond market in 2011.
In 2011, Vietnam’s bond market expanded by 16.5 per cent — the fastest rate in the region.
At US$17 billion, the market was still one of the smallest in the region, with the government bond market far larger than the corporate market at US$15 billion versus US$2 billion.
Gross issuance of government debt last year rose by 9.7 per cent while corporate sales tumbled by 94.2 per cent
The report said emerging East Asia’s local currency bond markets expanded 7.0 per cent to US$5.7 trillion in 2011, driven by double-digit growth in the region’s corporate bond markets.
- City stocks slide as blue chips fall
- July 24: Vietnam Stocks Resumes Gaining String, VNIndex Surpasses 600 Level
- Shares advance despite investor caution
- Vietnamese banks on track for listings
- Large corporations warned about IPO risks
- Vinalines set to launch IPOs for five large port operators
- July 16: Vietnam Stocks Rise Third Day On East Sea Tension Release
- Vietnam Airlines wants to retain $148 million from IPO
Tags: Vietnam Bond Market, vietnam stock, Vietnam stock market, VNindex