Vietnam has fast expansion rate in bond market in 2011: ADB reports
The latest edition of the Asian Development Bank’s (ADB) Asia Bond Monitor released on April 26 assesses that Vietnam has fast expansion rate in bond market in 2011.
In 2011, Vietnam’s bond market expanded by 16.5 per cent — the fastest rate in the region.
At US$17 billion, the market was still one of the smallest in the region, with the government bond market far larger than the corporate market at US$15 billion versus US$2 billion.
Gross issuance of government debt last year rose by 9.7 per cent while corporate sales tumbled by 94.2 per cent
The report said emerging East Asia’s local currency bond markets expanded 7.0 per cent to US$5.7 trillion in 2011, driven by double-digit growth in the region’s corporate bond markets.
- Lower interest rate hoped to encourage spending
- May 17: Foreigners net buy on both bourses
- May 17: UPCoM-Index closes down
- May 17: vietnam stocks fall, PPC, REE outperform
- May 16: UPCoM-Index closes up
- May 16: Vietnam stocks extend gain, HNX hits 1 month high
- May 16: foreigners net buy on both bourses
- New stimulus plan buoys stock market
Tags: Vietnam Bond Market, vietnam stock, Vietnam stock market, VNindex