Vietnam has fast expansion rate in bond market in 2011: ADB reports
The latest edition of the Asian Development Bank’s (ADB) Asia Bond Monitor released on April 26 assesses that Vietnam has fast expansion rate in bond market in 2011.
In 2011, Vietnam’s bond market expanded by 16.5 per cent — the fastest rate in the region.
At US$17 billion, the market was still one of the smallest in the region, with the government bond market far larger than the corporate market at US$15 billion versus US$2 billion.
Gross issuance of government debt last year rose by 9.7 per cent while corporate sales tumbled by 94.2 per cent
The report said emerging East Asia’s local currency bond markets expanded 7.0 per cent to US$5.7 trillion in 2011, driven by double-digit growth in the region’s corporate bond markets.
- VN-Index hits 600 points
- Foreign buying drives stocks up
- VN-Index almost reaches 600 points
- Hanoi Stock market off to a roaring start
- Stocks more expensive, but remain attractive to foreign funds
- Corporate bonds slumped in 2014
- Feb 5: UPCoM-Index Extends Gains, Led by Main Bourses
- G- bond market quadruples since 2009
Tags: Vietnam Bond Market, vietnam stock, Vietnam stock market, VNindex