Vietnam has fast expansion rate in bond market in 2011: ADB reports
The latest edition of the Asian Development Bank’s (ADB) Asia Bond Monitor released on April 26 assesses that Vietnam has fast expansion rate in bond market in 2011.
In 2011, Vietnam’s bond market expanded by 16.5 per cent — the fastest rate in the region.
At US$17 billion, the market was still one of the smallest in the region, with the government bond market far larger than the corporate market at US$15 billion versus US$2 billion.
Gross issuance of government debt last year rose by 9.7 per cent while corporate sales tumbled by 94.2 per cent
The report said emerging East Asia’s local currency bond markets expanded 7.0 per cent to US$5.7 trillion in 2011, driven by double-digit growth in the region’s corporate bond markets.
- Dow Jones and NASDAQ decline affecting traders
- Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City stock exchanges likely to be merged this year
- PV Gas shareholders approve VND7 trillion investments this year
- VN-Index flat as blue chips slide
- Slow debt settlement may delay Vinalines IPO
- Apr 13: VN-Index Rises Third Day, Led by Blue-chips
- Apr 13: HNX-Index Sinks on Growing Prudence
- Many New Stocks Up For Grabs
Tags: Vietnam Bond Market, vietnam stock, Vietnam stock market, VNindex