Vietnam has fast expansion rate in bond market in 2011: ADB reports
The latest edition of the Asian Development Bank’s (ADB) Asia Bond Monitor released on April 26 assesses that Vietnam has fast expansion rate in bond market in 2011.
In 2011, Vietnam’s bond market expanded by 16.5 per cent — the fastest rate in the region.
At US$17 billion, the market was still one of the smallest in the region, with the government bond market far larger than the corporate market at US$15 billion versus US$2 billion.
Gross issuance of government debt last year rose by 9.7 per cent while corporate sales tumbled by 94.2 per cent
The report said emerging East Asia’s local currency bond markets expanded 7.0 per cent to US$5.7 trillion in 2011, driven by double-digit growth in the region’s corporate bond markets.
- BSC upbeat about market outlook
- Second domestic ETF licensed
- Securities firms lead profit growth
- Wealthy Vietnamese businesspeople shun the bourse
- Vietnam Airlines to perform IPO in mid-Nov.
- Foreign telecom giants gear up for MobiFone IPO
- VN's first ETF to list certificates next week
- Blue chip slump drags down share prices
Tags: Vietnam Bond Market, vietnam stock, Vietnam stock market, VNindex