Vietnamese firm to mine for Barite in Laos
DMC, a Vietnamese oil and gas joint stock company, has been licensed to invest in a project to mine for Barite in Laos.
The 15-year project will be carried out in two phases, with the first phase running in two years with funding from DMC.
In the second phase, DMC will contribute 60 percent of the total capital, while the remaining 40 percent will come from partners in Laos.
- Vinacomin can’t find coal buyers as buyers shun contracts
- Vietnam coal imports off to an early start
- Old technology obstructing coal production plans
- Quang Nam wants to close two gold mines
- Canadian gold company resumes operation after two months
- Canadian mining company flees country, still owes taxes
- Tons of gold sold abroad, but exporters delay tax payments
- Canadian gold miner suspends operations in Quang Nam for tax debts
Tags: Vietnam invest in Laos, Vietnam mining