Vietnamese firm to mine for Barite in Laos
DMC, a Vietnamese oil and gas joint stock company, has been licensed to invest in a project to mine for Barite in Laos.
The 15-year project will be carried out in two phases, with the first phase running in two years with funding from DMC.
In the second phase, DMC will contribute 60 percent of the total capital, while the remaining 40 percent will come from partners in Laos.
- Ministry says bauxite projects likely to incur initial losses
- Mining, manufacturing push GDP up 6% in Q1
- Government puts stop to exports of coal dust
- PM asks to expand Tan Rai bauxite-aluminium complex
- Crude oil, coal output grows in Jan
- Vinacomin can’t find coal buyers as buyers shun contracts
- Vietnam coal imports off to an early start
- Old technology obstructing coal production plans
Tags: Vietnam invest in Laos, Vietnam mining